updated December, 2021
We remain committed to providing you with the most transparent and far-reaching Covid-19 Protocols we can offer. Here, you will find an overview of efforts we have taken, policies we subscribe to, and data we track to ensure your safety. As new variants cause widespread spikes in infection rates, we are doubling down on our protocols to ensure the safest possible environment for our guests and staff.
Sag Harbor Cinema requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination in addition to masks for entry into the theaters and bar for all moviegoers aged 5 and up. Proof includes a CDC Vaccination Card (original or photograph) or New York Excelsior Pass. Children under 5 will not be checked but must wear a mask and be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
Masks are required to be worn at all times throughout the building, even when seated.
All staff members are fully vaccinated and continue to wear masks at all times within the building.
As always, we encourage patrons to be in touch with any questions or concerns you may have.
We at the Sag Harbor Cinema subscribe to the CinemaSafe guidelines. Developed by the National Alliance of Theater Owners, in concert with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (the WHO), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), CinemaSafe is a set of operating procedures designed to provide maximum security to movie-going patrons under the difficult circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic.
ADDITIONAL COVID PROTOCOLS
We have taken a number of precautions to ensure the safety of our cinema patrons. Paramount among these has been our deployment of an array of filtrating and sterilizing HVAC equipment in the cinemas and the building at large, including:
- MERV-13 inline filtration in all our supply-side venting
- UV-Atmos Ionizing devices in all supply-side venting
- Dedicated non-recirculatory air supply in all three of our theaters
- Real-time air monitor devices, so customers can access vital real-time data
A summary sheet detailing the tech specs of the above cited work may be found here.
In addition to the guidelines advocated by CinemaSafe, we take additional steps to sterilize all work surfaces daily, and maintain the theater in pristine condition. These procedures include:
- Sterilizing food service and bathroom facilities throughout the day
- Sterilizing all three auditoriums before, between, and after each show, including seats
- Weekly deep-cleaning of the entire building
Our public-facing staff are required to adhere to a strict code of behaviors:
- All food-handling positions are staffed by certified New York State food-handlers.
- All staff are fully vaccinated and wear masks at all times
- Public-facing staff are tested for Covid19 bi-weekly
TICKETING AND ATTENDANCE SYSTEMS
We encourage our patrons to use our online ticketing system and touch-less entry to the theaters.
DATA & SAFETY GUIDELINES
We make daily checks of the 14-day rolling average infection rates, and daily checks of New York’s changing safety guidelines, as published on NY Forward.